The spindle is a very important part of the CNC machine, the quality and speed of the spindle will affect the cutting effect. When we buy machines, we often face the problem of not knowing whether to choose an air-cooled spindle or a water-cooled spindle. Let’s discuss the difference between the two spindles below.
1. As the name suggests, the water-cooled spindle motor uses water circulation to cool the heat generated by the high-speed rotation of the spindle. This method will work well because the temperature after circulation will not exceed 40 degrees. The air-cooled spindle motor uses a fan to dissipate heat, and its effect is definitely not as good as water cooling.
2. Noise. Water-cooled spindle motors are basically silent, but air-cooled spindle motors are loud.
3. In terms of service life. Because the water-cooled spindle motor needs to pay attention to maintenance, change the water frequently or use an industrial water cooler, its service life is much longer than that of the air-cooled spindle motor.
4. Accuracy. The axial and radial runout of the water-cooled spindle motor is basically below 0.003 mm, which is far behind the air-cooled spindle motor (made in China)!
5. Ease of use. Since the water-cooled spindle needs to be connected to a water pump, a bucket is needed to hold water, and a water pipe needs to be connected. Especially in the cold winter in the north, it is easier to freeze, and some customers may find it more troublesome; but the air-cooled spindle will not be so many usage issues.
GET A FREE QUOTE
Got any questions？
If you have something on your mind, just let us know!
We are more than happy to answer all your inquiries.
Interested? Leave your contact details.